Friday, March 13, 2009

Nature














People have commented on many of the pictures that I use on my blog, I guess the reason I use so many nature pics is because I find nature so relaxing and so beautiful. I know it may sound dumb to say that nature is beautiful but I am one of those people who can see the beauty in all natural scenes, it could be a treeless tundra, a sun soaked desert, a tropical rain forest layered in mist or even a gloomy looking puddle with water droplets falling into it rippling the surface, all these things have a beauty unique to them. An ant crawling across sun baked grass ( and I am afraid of ants ) is such a marvel to behold because he is so small ( more accurately they are shes like a bee ) and have such a long way to travel, yet are undaunted. In one of my photos is a spirit bear ( Ursa Americana Kermodius, or Kermodi bear ) and is unique to British Columbia where I live, it isn't an albino but rather a "mutant" who is stark white yet may have black parents or siblings, this bear is so beautiful and I am proud that it is our provincial animal. We humans do our best to replicate nature and yet it always look fake somehow, only nature can be nature and as far as art well can there be any purer art than that of nature? I hope that my friends can enjoy my photos as much as I do, and I pray that they bring you as much joy and relaxation as they do me.

No comments: