Friday, January 23, 2009

The greatest art

Ghost Lake Falls Quesnel B.C.



My family and I are so lucky to live where we do, this picture is from a set of waterfalls just 70 miles from our home, and we have so many other wonderful natural spectacles near us. I live right down town yet I have seen deer walk past our balcony., walk ten minutes from our apartment complex and you will be surrounded with wild flowers and animals. To me nature is the greatest art and God the artist, I have sat in awe of the wonders around me so many times, watching a waterfall and feeling the thunder of the crashing torrent run through my body as my face and hands are bathed in the cool mist that erupts from the boiling mass below. I've sat in wonder as I've watched a doe and fawn graze in an open meadow, I've seen a mother bear tenderly teaching her cubs how to fish, I'm a truly a blessed person! These days I think of what I want to show my son and wonder if he will be as awestruck as I have been? I've seen the best and worst of nature and I love it all, death and birth are all just the same story within the world and in nature you see how all things are connected. I have no idea what I'll show Rowan first nor how I'll explain the things he sees to him but all I know is that I want him to experience the greatest art.

No comments: